Wednesday 13 May 2009

Cotton Mills, The early years!



I was chatting to a good old guy up in the Peak District the other day as he has a great warehouse full of old things and I stumbled across these pictures salvaged from one of the old cotton mills in Lancashire. Amazing places, the machines themselves are works of art. Sadly they are wrecks now, never to be salvaged. I spend a fair amount of time in the car driving between factories and through some amazing northern towns and it makes me feel optimistic about the future and also a bit down that we have got rid of so much greatness. I know it has been in the interest of the people to move forward but sometimes it would be great to have so many people working again.

I certainly don't carry any political message but get a great satisfaction from seeing what we are doing and others who are bringing things back to the UK. The people making the products are enjoying it and so are you our customers and we are having a great time.

No comments: